Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Me To Find Usb Drivers

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dinesh4260

dinesh4260

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 08 August 2008 - 04:08 PM

hi iam dinesh :thumbsup: ,
iam using compaq pressarrio,windows xp-sp2 home edition.
whenever i tried to connect my pendrive into the usb(usb 2.0)port ,there is no symptoms of that and i checked my usb status on devicemanager and all the drivers below(shows exclamation mark) status isthat"drivers for this device are not installed(code28)" and i tied to reinstall it ,but nothing seems to work.

and i think that i had unfortunately unistalledstandard enchanced PCI to USB host contoller.and i dont remember what else i had done.
i unistalled these drivers and restarted my pc and it automatically installed the drivers below "universal serial port controller"and it tells me that
" CANNOT INSTALL THIS HARDWARE
There was a problem installing this hardware
an error occured during installation"

all the five drivers below showing an exclamation mark on it.And also below "Other devices -pci simple communicationscontroller"is showing an exclamation mark on itand under "sound,video and game controllers-audio codecs" is showing an exclamation mark on it.
and i tried to reinstall these softwares again but nothing seems to work for me.
tell me some websites to download these drivers for free.waiting for your reply help me .
HELPING OTHERS IS A GREAT JOB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 08 August 2008 - 05:53 PM

Please give us the model number of the Presario and also what country the computer was purchased (it can make a difference)
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 dinesh4260

dinesh4260
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2008 - 06:21 PM

thanks for repliying me :thumbsup: ,
here is system information

system manufacturer : compaq presario 061
system model : ES034AA-ACJ SR1732IL FD440
S/N : INI6100P84
system type : X86-based PC

i had purchased this computer in chennai (tamilnadu,india)in 2004-2005

if you need any more information(tell where to check it out) post it in your next reply

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:20 PM

This is the download page for all of your drivers. They are at the bottom, listed as original drivers:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/

The USB drivers should be included in the chipset driver. Before you download it, try this. Go into Device Manager and remove all of the USB host controllers and reboot the computer. Windows should re-detect them and install them
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#5 dinesh4260

dinesh4260
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2008 - 08:20 PM

hi thanks for repliying me again, :thumbsup:
i first removed all usb drivers and windows aytomatically installed that drivers after i restarted my pc ,but(a it showed a message "CANNOT INSTALL THIS HARDWAREThere was a problem installing this hardware an error occured during installation")and it shows a exclamation mark on the drivers.

and next idownloaded ati chipset drivers(3.28MB) and installed it on my pc and after it nothing is changed.the usb is still not working.and it shows the driversare still not installed in device manager.

tell me what(or)all drivers i need to download.

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2008 - 07:05 PM

all the five drivers below showing an exclamation mark on it.And also below "Other devices -pci simple communicationscontroller"is showing an exclamation mark on itand under "sound,video and game controllers-audio codecs" is showing an exclamation mark on it.

All of these drivers are on that page
Mark
Posted Image

#7 dinesh4260

dinesh4260
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2008 - 09:38 PM

hi, :thumbsup:
in my last post i told that below universal serial hostcontroller all the five drivers(5 usb drivers ) are not installed .when i installed "spring 2006original chipset drivers below original drivers" an installation begins and it installs ATI south bridge drivers on my pc ,but nothing seems to work for me.still the staus of usb in devicemanager shows exclamation mark in all usb drivers.
and also pci simple communications controller and sound,video and game controllers-audio codecs are in status of not installed in device manager.

help me to find these(above drivers)separatelyOR provide me the path to install these drivers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users