Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

You Tube Videos

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 dibbee

dibbee

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 08 August 2008 - 03:22 PM

I have a Sony Vaio laptop that is currently on a wireless connection. I am using Windows XP. I enjoy watching You tube videos but each time I try, I get constant starting and stopping with the buffering. The little circle starts going around in the middle of the video and nothing plays. I often then resort to downloading the video to Real Player so it will play on my hard drive but this seems ridiculous to have to do that every time. Any suggestions on how I can get it to play all the way through? Thanks for any help you can give me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 samuel3

samuel3

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 08 August 2008 - 05:25 PM

Have you got the latest Java and Adobe flash player?

#3 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2008 - 06:01 PM

It's doubtful that Flash is the problem. Have you tried other video sites like Daily Motion? Try that and see how it goes. I'd also like to see a link of a typical video that you are trying to watch. The problem might be out of your control. What browser are you using and what type of connection?

http://www.dailymotion.com/

#4 dibbee

dibbee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2008 - 08:22 PM

No it happens with daily motion too just as much. I have a wireless internet connection from Verizon and I use Mozilla Firefox for my browser. I cannot see ANY video on You tube when I am on the internet without constant buffering. I think I have the latest Java and adobe but I will check.

#5 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2008 - 05:25 AM

You should start experimenting with your Firefox addons. It's possible that a faulty addon is causing this problem.

#6 lhamil64

lhamil64

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 PM

Posted 09 August 2008 - 07:19 AM

Also, you could try watching the same video in another web browser (such as Internet Explorer or Opera) and if it works in those browsers but not Firefox then it could be your Firefox Addons (as stated above)

#7 dibbee

dibbee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2008 - 05:29 PM

I did as you suggested. I uninstalled all of my addons but this made no difference. I am connected at 1 mbps but each time I click on a you tube video it begins and plays but then starts buffering over and over. This is very frustrating. I also got new flash players, adobe shockwave, new java, etc. Don't know what else to do.By the way, it does the same thing in Internet Explorer.

Edited by dibbee, 09 August 2008 - 05:30 PM.

#8 samuel3

samuel3

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 09 August 2008 - 06:17 PM

Try reinstalling Firefox, it may be a bug or some sort in firefox installer for addons.

#9 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2008 - 05:32 AM

It could be security settings or possibly settings within Flash. If you right click on a Flash player, you can enter Flash settings.

#10 dibbee

dibbee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2008 - 09:17 AM

I have changed many things but it is still the same. I changed the system setting before you boot up to 32 mb(there are 3-32,64,128 and it is for video), I changed flash settings, I dl the new Firefox, I have done many things but it still buffers each time I use you tube or daily motion.

#11 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2008 - 10:35 AM

What firewall are you using?

#12 dibbee

dibbee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2008 - 01:33 PM

I use a regular Windows Firewall

#13 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2008 - 06:12 PM

Supposedly this Youtube Video Accelerator will help. It's free. One thing I would try is when you go to Youtube, pause the video until it loads completely and then play it. Maybe that will work. If that doesn't work, try the download.

http://www.topdrawerdownloads.com/download/104956

#14 dibbee

dibbee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2008 - 09:16 PM

I immediately downloaded what you suggested and it actually seems to work. I am happy with my new Firefox 3.0 and my new video accelerator. I hope I will have many happy smooth viewing hours watching my you tube videos. Thank you for your help and suggestions everyone. I am deeply grateful.

Edited by dibbee, 10 August 2008 - 09:16 PM.

#15 dibbee

dibbee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2008 - 07:16 PM

I am now in a hotel with a strong wifi connection of 11 mbps and higher. My You tube videos are just not playing right at all with constant buffering. I just cannot get them to play right. I have done all kinds of changes and even downloaded the speedbit video accelerator. Nothing is helping. Anymore ideas out there for a solution to this nagging problem? I love watching videos and this is so annoying and taking away from my enjoyment of my computer. Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users