Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

User Accounts Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 draven

draven

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 08 August 2008 - 03:17 PM

Hello,

I have made a new account, but the desktop and start menu settings are the same as the default - program icons + start menu listings etc.

How do i change the settings to what a want for my account?

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 cardboardboxer

cardboardboxer

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 08 August 2008 - 05:33 PM

i am a little confused by that question. are you asking if you can change the account settings (icon, password, priveleges) or are you asking about the Appearance (background, screensaver, theme)?

if its the account settings you want to change then follow these steps \/

goto Start, and open Control Panel
-then click on the User Accounts icon
-click on the account at the bottom that you want to change/delete.
-you can then change you account name, password, picture, and account type

if you want to change the appereance and themes follow these steps \/

first right-click on your wallpaper and click Properties
-to change the look of the programs list and open windows, change the theme from the drop-down menu under the Theme tab.
-desktop is where you change wallpaper
-screensaver is where your screensaver is changed
-under the Appearance tab, you can change the fonts, color, and style for open windows and buttons
-the Settings tab is used to change screen resolution

i hope this has helped. if it hasnt please clarify your question to the best of your ability and ill try my best to get you an answer :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users