Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox Crashes When Going To Youtube

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 thatoneguyyep101

thatoneguyyep101

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 PM

Posted 08 August 2008 - 01:08 PM

Lately when I open up firefox, and tell it to go to youtube.com, it pauses, and crashes, below is a screenshot. It's the newest version of firefox, and it keeps crashing, anyone know what the problem could be? Thanks.
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Galadriel

Galadriel

Bleepin Elf

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,753 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:02 PM

Have you tried reinstalling Flash Player? Mozilla's products and Flash never really got along well for me. But reinstalling Flash might help. I suspect that is where your problem lies.
I cemna prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. - Galadriel
'The avatar is changed; I can feel it in the water, I can feel it in the earth, I can smell it in the air.'

Phear teh ceiling cat, for he is roofkittehd! - Basement Cat

I'm a Bleeping Folder, are you? - Join BC in the fight against diseases - Click here
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 thatoneguyyep101

thatoneguyyep101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2008 - 03:19 PM

I did, and that didn't help solve my problem at all. But I posted this question somewhere else, and someone suggested that I disable/uninstall my extensions and addons one by one until I perhaps found the problem, and so I did, and it solved my problem! The problem was I had this extension called Download Embedded 0.5 from this link:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1993
It has a bug or glitch that causes firefox to crash when going to youtube, and also I looked at the reviews, and some users are saying that when using media players it crashes when doing that also. If you have it please uninstall it, and use some of the other ones I use, such as: DownloadHelper, Fast Video Download, or Magic's Video Downloader. Thanks, and please uninstall it!

Edited by thatoneguyyep101, 08 August 2008 - 03:24 PM.

#4 Galadriel

Galadriel

Bleepin Elf

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,753 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2008 - 05:25 PM

That would have been my other guess... lol

Glad to know you got it figured out! Thanks for letting us know which one was the problem for you.

Cheers
I cemna prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. - Galadriel
'The avatar is changed; I can feel it in the water, I can feel it in the earth, I can smell it in the air.'

Phear teh ceiling cat, for he is roofkittehd! - Basement Cat

I'm a Bleeping Folder, are you? - Join BC in the fight against diseases - Click here
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users