Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antispyware 2008 Xp, "worm.win32.netbooster"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rarrrarr

rarrrarr

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:55 PM

Hi, my computer was raided by a whole slew of viruses, trojans, and whatnots.

Apparently my pc had been attacked by the "worm.win32.netbooster" so I searched online and managed, through a yahoo answers forum, to remove it using Smitfraudfix and Bitdefender's online scan (on both Safe and Normal mode). That cleared the red background, unwanted icons on my desktop, the "virus alert" next to my clock, restored my Task Manager and Start Up Menu to normal, but I still continued to get popups about a Antispyware 2008 XP almost every second and had problems with my search engines (could not display antispyware sites and search results). By then I also cleared my System Restore and made a new Restore Point.

So I searched online for cures using my Opera browser after both Firefox and IE failed and downloaded CCleaner, SUPERAntiSpyware, Spyware Doctor, AVG, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and RogueRemover. After running everything and deleting all that was detected, I ran Bitdefender's online scan and Trendmicro Housecall.
Everything seems to be okay now with MBAM and SUPERAntiSpyware detecting nothing except for some tracking cookies now and then.

However, I'm still a little skeptical as to whether my PC's completely safe for login to banking sites. Still worried that there may be keyloggers hidden somewhere.

Can anyone advise me what to do from here on? =x

Thanks,
Ruthe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:18 PM

Would you post the Malware bytes and Superantipyware logs. Determioning the current trustworthyness of the PC can be best known by what malware was in existence.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 crossloop

crossloop

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 08 August 2008 - 03:08 PM

i can help you i am an it proffessional if u want help deletiong pleae send me a message or emial me at

thank you

{Mod Edit: removed email address to protect from spam bots}

Edited by boopme, 08 August 2008 - 03:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users