Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems With Fonts

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Turnips

Turnips

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 08 August 2008 - 10:00 AM

Being a Japanese-stuff fan, I view lots of Japanese sites. Anyway, I downloaded a font called PEPgenius10 and ever since, all the english text in Japanese pages(and Japanese computer programs) have been shown using this font. I didn't really mind at the time. I got addicted to downloading fonts. I got another called Ginga, which replaced PEPgenius10. I didn't mind them at first, thinking maybe it was just a bug of some sort in the computer. But anyway....

I recently downloaded a program called GIMP and the installation went fine, but it would always crash at the "loading fonts" part and the Windows Error Report window would show up(forcing me to end the program) - and I uninstalled and reinstalled around 5 times, with no luck. I asked about it in Bugzilla, and they told me that broken fonts are causing the problem. I was confused - what the heck was a broken font?! But then I remembered the "computer bug"(see first paragraph) so I thought maybe it had a connection of some sort.

I tried deleting the 2 fonts, and GIMP worked! So I was just wondering..what could be wrong with the fonts? Will I never be able to use them again?!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bicycle bill

bicycle bill

• Banned
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 08 August 2008 - 05:44 PM

What the heck is a broken font? Probably the kind you are having trouble with.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz...amp;btnG=Search

#3 Turnips

Turnips
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 08 August 2008 - 06:36 PM

I dunno what "broken fonts" are either, but my guess is they're fonts with errors in them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users