Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The User Profile Is No Longer Available

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ricky606

Ricky606

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:57 AM

Hi everyone! My O/S is WIN XP Pro,When I turn my computer on, My user profile will not work, it redirects me to a temporary profile.
I get these error messages,
"Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator.
Then it says i am going to a temporary profile, and all my changes wont be stored, i can use the computer but only as a temporary user.
I have had to create a new User account then transfered my old User Documents and Setting into the new account and deleted the old User account which had become temporary.
What can be the reason for this behavior?How can I prevent it from happening?Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:28 AM

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb776898(VS.85).aspx

As to what happened, I'd suspect that your original was corrupted...that's just a guess.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151

Louis

#3 Ricky606

Ricky606
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2008 - 09:26 PM

Thanks Hamluis--as i said i created the new User account following Microsoft Article 811151.---but the question remains why is this problem happening?what causes the User Profile to become corrupt?I am using Avast 4.8 Home Edition as my anti virus program, Spybot Search&Destroy 1.6, Malewarebytes Anti-Maleware, Superantispyware all of them are updated and report my computer is OK ----thanks again for taking the time to see my problem.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 10 August 2008 - 11:11 AM

Some links of causes of file corruption, etc.: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=w...e+corruption%3F

Louis

#5 Ricky606

Ricky606
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:57 AM

Thanks for the links.

#6 hamluis

hamluis