Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error 1747 In Vista

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tamir102

tamir102

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 07 August 2008 - 07:45 PM

well my dad just came from a business trip and im opening his laptop to check it out... well i open it the next day ... and get into the desktop i get an error that the event log is not working and an Error code 1747. Now neither the Windows Wireless Service is open nor the DCHP.. so i went and started up the processes from services.msc.. and i get the same error code even tho the services are put on automatic and started...

help please?

Tamir

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:43 PM

Firstly, when you say the event log is not working, do you mean that it's NOT recording any events? Is this
only one of the logs, or all of them?

A screen shot of that error would be nice.

As far as The wireless service, does third party software control your wifi card? Have you updated
your pc lately?

#3 tamir102

tamir102
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:40 AM

the event logs just does not run.. and when i checked it said that it is enabled..

and no random a 3rd party does not control the wifi connection... the last thing my father did was install the ESET antivirus program and the replace it with Kaspersky...

and i am currently working on getting you a screen shot..

thanks for your help..

#4 tamir102

tamir102
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:52 AM

Posted Image

if you would just read the little box at the bottom right of the screen that is all the information for the event logs... and as u can see there is no connection.

#5 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2008 - 03:49 PM

Can you disable visual effects (Transparency) and edit that post by replacing it with a better
screen shot? I can sort of read it, but the bit at the end isn't clear.

Cheers

#6 spaz_6

spaz_6

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 25 July 2010 - 08:20 AM

Posted Image

if you would just read the little box at the bottom right of the screen that is all the information for the event logs... and as u can see there is no connection.

here is your solution B) :) B)

start-->programs-->accessories-->'right click' command prompt and 'click' "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR"

type
netsh winsock reset
reboot ur computer. :huh:

when the computer reboots, :huh: :huh: :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users