Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dsca.exe Error

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GalinKinlin

GalinKinlin

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:25 PM

Alright, so, I started getting this error about a month and a half ago, after running useless TuneUp Utilities (Do NOT get this program, it resulted in about 5 errors. That I know of...) The error message is as follows.

dsca.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled

Process id=0x9c8 (2504), Thread id-0x9d4 (2516).

Click ok to terminate the app.
click cancel to debug the app.

And then when I click cancel to debug, I get a new error message. A problem with my JIT debugger, but I'll worry about that after this.

What I've done so far:

Nearly nothing. I googled the problem, but I couldn't find anything with my error codes, so no. And I did stumble upon the page somewhere on this site that told me to click on a link and scan for a fix. Turned out the program for the scan was Registry Booster, which I already have, which did not fix it.

Any ideas?

P.S. Dell desktop running XP SP 3

EDIT: Okay, so I found out a little about the dsca.exe. It appears it's part of my Dell Support utility. So I uninstalled it, and reinstalled it. No such luck. It appears the file is not necessary for the program to activate, or even on start-up. But, deleting the file couldn't be done because Dell SUpport is always running; and I don't know the Process name so I can end it. Since no ones has figured out how to answer my question, would you be able to figure this out for me?

Admin Edit: Deleted an unnecessary poll attached to this thread. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 08 August 2008 - 08:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,820 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:47 AM

The dsca error relates to some Dell Remote software installed on your system, you can Google more info on it.

Yesterday, I searched for a way to handle this and ultimately I found only crumbs of info, with nothing approaching what I would consider a resolution. You can review the various links by clicking on my link below.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=dsca+error

Louis

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 08 August 2008 - 01:34 PM

"This startup entry is started automatically from a Run, RunOnce, RunServices, or RunServicesOnce entry in the registry."
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/dsca.exe-21686.html
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 GalinKinlin

GalinKinlin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2008 - 03:18 PM

http://www.file.net/process/dsca.exe.html

That link was able to help me remove the registry entry. I know that it's usually risky to go into the registry (espesially since I didn't back it up) but it told me the exact key, the program still works, the problem has stopped, and all is well.

Thank you very much Louis for the google link (that was the second link through yours), and thank you garmanma for your link as well.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,820 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:31 PM

Easily done, happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users