Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Directsound Problem And Sound Card Problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Exangel

Exangel

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:52 PM

I have had this problem for a while now, where i try to run a game and says that DirectSound cannot init.

So i google it, and download DirectX 9.

That didnt fix anything, so further reading, ive read that i might need to update my sound card drivers.

So i look in the devices, and there is no sound card?? It used to work just fine.

Right now, i am using a clean installation of Windows XP on an HP Pavilion 513n desktop.

So my main problem is, if windows cannot detect a sound card, how am i supposed to know how to update... or mostly Install it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:37 AM

XP or Vista?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Necrotic Freak

Necrotic Freak

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 14 August 2008 - 12:49 PM

Try powering down, removing the sound card, put it into a different slot. Be careful to handle it by the edges only. It should be found and installed when XP boots up again. Then update the drivers through the device manager.

#4 Exangel

Exangel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 14 August 2008 - 02:33 PM

Windows XP
What i did was install some OpenGL and Direct-Something software.
Was about to install Directx SDK, but found out i didnt need this.
I also tried to update windows xp, thinking maybe it was an OS problem.

So the game started for a couple seconds, and then froze, and then i had to restart my computer because it was frozen.

After the windows xp loading screen, it shows a black screen, and no changes whatsoever.

:thumbsup:

(Oh, and i think the game crashed because i need more memory in that computer.)

#5 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 14 August 2008 - 03:12 PM

To get more information on the system use http://www.gtopala.com/ SIW. This tool will perform an audit of the system and let you find important information.

Can you find the sound card/device

Also, while you are there.
CPU
RAM
Graphics.
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users