Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Playstation PSP

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Compfu Kid

Compfu Kid

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 18 April 2005 - 11:19 AM

So... I just got a PSP for my 30th birthday; yesterday (Actual birthday is April 30th... so I'm still in my 20's for now, but I did get my PSP early)

I found a site that has a lot of tutorials... anyone else have one? Anyone else know any tricks I may want to use?

Hiya!

Compfu Kid

Edited by garmanma, 13 August 2008 - 02:23 PM.

Hiya!

Compfu Kid

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LoLucky

LoLucky

• Members
  • 331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 AM

Posted 18 April 2005 - 02:55 PM

only information i can offer (from friends telling me so) is:
if you see a sale where the batteries that the PSP uses are on sale. Buy the store out then go to their local chain stores and do the same.

i have heard this from 3 Real friends and 2 online friends.

#3 Compfu Kid

Compfu Kid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2005 - 02:59 PM

I spent the extra $39 at Best Buy and got a 2 year plan that includes batteries going out. So I'm cool there
Hiya!

Compfu Kid

#4 The Trip

The Trip

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2005 - 07:22 PM

From what I hear it has some flaws.
Like the select button doesnt do anything, or breaks easy.
Or, there are broken pixels, and Its kinda flimsy.
Thats just what I heard. One of my friends got one, I think its 1337.

They already got some other stuff for the PSP, like PSP AIM, since I guess it didnt come with chat like the DS did.

Edited by garmanma, 13 August 2008 - 02:21 PM.

#5 Compfu Kid

Compfu Kid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2005 - 07:26 PM

Nice thanks I got some cool stuff working on this already...

I went ahead and purchased the 2 year warranty from Best Buy cause Sony only gives it a 90 day warranty and they said at the store that if the buttons or pixels go out in 2 years I get my full money back in store credit to do what I want with.

Hiya!

Compfu Kid
Hiya!

Compfu Kid

#6 The Trip

The Trip

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2005 - 07:56 PM

Nice, I am thinking about getting one. Only prob is...it costs 250$!! I think I will wait till it gets cheaper.....lots cheaper.

What I recently noticed, is that to buy a UMD DVD, it costs as much or more than a regular one, kinda dumb I think. Since the PSP has a really tiny screen, and probably worse qualtity.

#7 Compfu Kid

Compfu Kid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2005 - 11:20 AM

I think $250 is reasonable... the I-pod just plays music and is $300 +
I say this because the PSP plays MP3s, it plays movies that you copy to the memory stick or that you purchase as well as any .avi that you convert to MPEG4, it views pictures (perfect size for that), and it plays very nice graphic games. Tiger Woods is awesome

I agree on the movie prices... now maybe if it worked on multiple platforms, but not just to watch on the PSP
Hiya!

Compfu Kid

#8 Seth

Seth

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2005 - 04:35 PM

PSP?!

www.gizmondo.com

screenshots

i like the design for gizmondo, but not many people have heard of it. speard the word! i wish sega would make a new hand held, remember gamegear? made years before nintendo ds and it had built in light, years ahead of its time.

---final fantasy advent children looks good on the psp :thumbsup:

Edited by Seth, 22 April 2005 - 04:40 PM.

Posted Image
We come into this world in birth, and we die and rot into the earth.

#9 jkilmnop

jkilmnop

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2007 - 11:22 AM

My brother gave me his PSP as a present for making it to E-3 in ROTC and being deemed the Athletic Team Commander. It was not in good shape. Apparently he washed it and then the screen got all sorts of crap inside of it that won't come out unless I take it apart which is never going to happen. The analog stick has a mind of it's own and seems to take pleasure in making me run into Yoda on Battlefront and get killed...time and time again. I just need to save up my money so that I can get a new one.
Jeffrey Toro

Life is like taking a ride on the road. You really can't stop in the middle of it to check a map, doing so might cause you to take unnecessary risks. Just keep up with what's going on around you and have fun in life.

#10 quentin002

quentin002

• Banned
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2007 - 12:52 AM

It's time to get one PSP for me...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users