Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Really Frustrating. Please Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AJohnson

AJohnson

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 07 August 2008 - 04:20 PM

The game Im talking about is a Free FPS called Combat Arms. The website is http://www.combatarms.nexon.net

Well Im not sure if this has something to do with Combat Arms or just my computer. Heres the problem, when im in a game or just in CA somewhere, my screen goes black and it shows me the box that says my monitor isnt connected to my computer. Well I check my connections and they are all fine, I turn off my monitor a couple times and its still like that. This has happened atleast 50 times, making me restart my computer everytime

Anybody know why it does this? Thanks for the help.

Edited by AJohnson, 07 August 2008 - 04:23 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bleepingnetwork

bleepingnetwork

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:47 AM

Can't say 100% without trying a few things,

Screen refresh rate under display properties / settings/ advanced/ Monitor tab. could be causing this.
Monitor and or GPU drivers could be causing this. Make sure they are updated.
Unplug and plug in the monitors power.
Change the monitorís power cable.
Try and change out the VGA or DVI and or USB cable.
if not those try a different video card, not actually buying one yet, but see if you can put in an old one, or barrow one. This would eliminate the video card.
Then if you need to try a different monitor...

I guess there could be more to look at but that all I have off the top of my head.

#3 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 27 August 2008 - 08:03 AM

Maybe a mod should move this one to the internal/external hardware forum.

Does the monitor work again right away after its restarted? Are the fans and everything still running when the monitor conks out? Do the graphics smear for lack of a better word? Are you restarting the computer or is it restarting itself? Does it do this outside the game/games? Right off the top i'd guess either the card is overheating/going bad. Or there is a bad cable/connection somewhere along the line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users