Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Does This Make Any Sence To Any One Else?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 redsox25

redsox25

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:50 PM

So there is a site that a often go to, in fact its my hope page with Fire Fox. I dont want to spam the site so ill do this:
Spoiler
. This is all on my Laptop. The thing is some times ill have no problem going to the site but other times i'll only be able to access the front page. All the other links are dead. But the weird thing is i can access it from my desktop with out a problem. I know im not the only one who has issues with the site and so i know its not on my end. I have tried it on many different wireless networks. It should be implied that other people can access it while i cant and others cant access when i can. Does anyone know whats going on?

Edited by redsox25, 07 August 2008 - 04:06 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:32 PM

If this is happening to other users of the site, then it a problem on their end, not on yours. You should notify the site administrators of the problem, providing as much information as possible, so they can either correct the problem or provide a work-around.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 redsox25

redsox25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:13 PM

just to follow up on this. I asked my brother if he knew what the problem was and he did. He told me step by step how to fix the problem. He had me change a setting to "obtain DSN server automaticly" and it seem to work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users