Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Couple Of Problems Need Fixed

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Vaant

Vaant

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:54 PM

My computer was infected with various viruses last week. Some of which seemed to have affected Explorer.exe (when I turned on the PC the taskbar + desktop would not load also Explorer.exe would crash RIGHT after I tried running it through the task manager) Also I couldn't play video files, nor could I access windows update through IE, and system restore would not load (Although it was turned on I couldn't even access it in safe mode).

Anyway, I ran various programs such as SUPERAntiSpyware, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, and Avira Antivirus and got rid of lots of infections (the only one I remember the name to was was Vundo though).

Anyway, since then my Explorer shell seemed to have fixed itself so I could access the taskbar and the desktop. But my computer was still running slow and i sometimes got a bsod.

Since then I have run Uniblue's Registry Booster 2 (which found 717 and fixed 716 errors), Speed up my PC 3 and Spy Eraser (which found nothing).

Now my PC is running fast, and I haven't gotten anymore BSODs. But some problems still persist:

-When I try accessing System restore it tells me it's unable to protect my computer and I should restart. After restarting the same message would still pop up if I tried to access it. I also get the same message if i try to disable system restore.

-When I try going to the windows update page in IE 'http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/' nothing pops up even though the browser states that it's 'Done'.

These aren't exactly urgent problems that need to be fixed or anything, I'd just like to know whats wrong or if I might still have a virus.

Also I'm not sure if there are any other problems within IE since I always use Firefox (which is running fine btw).

Thank You.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users