Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable To Delete Nmi Indexing Service

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CShirey

CShirey

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:51 PM

Hi everyone! I have been working on issues with my computer for the last five days and I've got the majority at least identified. However, I have identified one process that I'd like to stop as I have been told it seriously interferes with other programs. The process is the NMI INDEXING SERVICE from the Nero 7 Premium program. It is used to index media on the computer and it is definitely not needed.

I have tried to remove it through msconfig and couldn't find it in regedit or by searching for it. I went to the Nero website and wasn't able to find any help there.

What do you suggest? I'm at the end of the road with this one!

Thanks for your time.

CS

Windows XP SP 3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,825 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:48 PM

http://searchtasks.answersthatwork.com/tas...NMIndexStoreSvr

I have the free/OEM version of Nero 7 installed and I just elected not to install Nero Scout. I don't have this service on my system.

Louis

#3 CShirey

CShirey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:08 PM

Thank you, Louis. I had forgotten that Indexing Service was part of Nero Scout. I uninstalled Nero, used the Nero Clean Tool and instead of taking the typical install, I chose the custom install.

They hid the Nero Scout option, at least from me! I tried not to install any program I thought it might be associated with but when I ran the reinstalled program, Scout was right there. This time I just disabled it for now. I don't know if that will solve my compatibility problem but it's worth a try.

Long day on this computer!!!

Thanks, again.

CS

Love the link you provided; will make that a favorite!

Edited by CShirey, 07 August 2008 - 06:10 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,825 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:19 PM

Good workaround, happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users