Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost Info From Ms Word 2002

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Simple Simon

Simple Simon

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 PM

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:10 PM

I'm running XP Pro SP3 and IE7 with MS Word 2002.

I was very tired the other night, working in Word and I did something without thinking. There is a yellow pop-up we sometimes see in Word on the bottom right corner of the screen when we are saving our work. It asks us if we wish to save our changes, yes or no. I accidentally clicked no and lost my entire document.

It's important and I'll not be able to replicate much of it, around 300 pages and I only had 96 pages in backup. The lost work is not in my trash bin.

My question is, can we retrieve lost work; work that has been deleted from Word in this way?

Thanks for any assists I may get.

Simon.
- Simon

All those who believe in telekinesis raise my right hand.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Uraiser

Uraiser

• Members
  • 254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 PM

Posted 27 August 2008 - 11:34 AM

Actually, there is a good method and program that can do it.

Its called Recover My Files. Its not free though.

As long as you haven't done to much downloading/ or saving other files as of late, you should be able to recover the file without too much fragmentation. You see when you delete a file in windows, it just fragments the file, the program I mentioned takes those pieces and puts them back together the best it can. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but its better than nothing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users