Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Urgent! Help On 0ne Key Recovery

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 eggway

eggway

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:00 AM

I am using lenovo 3000 Y300 notebook,

i have re sized the C drive partition from 30GB to 60GB as 30GB for windows vista is not enough.
Because after i install all the required program, 10GB of free disk space, this is before vista SP1 is installed.
But vista SP1 just wont installed as it required a free space of 15GB to install ( during installation only required 15GB).

Now, i format the C drive (60GB) with XP home SP2, installed SP3..
My school application only works with windows vista OS.

i need to install the application and do my project. Thankz in advance

The problem is how do i do a one key recovery to restore my PC back to vista.
There is a eisa partition in my hard disk, about 11GB.
The lenovo one key recovery will not work in a re-sized partition.
I contact lenovo support asking about this issue, but they insist on me bringing my notebook to the service center and pay a fee to get
the one key recovery working.
The step they told is to do a one key recovery installation using DOS from a system disc only at lenovo service center. And than do a one key recovery to
get the eisa configuration back to C drive. This time, the C drive will not be limited to 30GB due to the version of the recovery key. The higher the bigger the C drive supported.

Can anyone using lenovo 3000 Y300 let me know their default C partition size, all 5 number like 12345MB and all let me know the size of the D partition.
Or, anyone know to run a eisa configuration without the one key recovery button pressed.

Notes, lenovo eisa configuration partition contain OS and driver.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:34 PM

What program do you need to install for school?
ok, well i'm not so sure on the one key recovery thing. did they give you a system restore disk? I know that you're supposed to burn a couple of disks from inside vista in order to restore it. At least that's what mine kept barking at me when i first got it.

#3 eggway

eggway
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 07 August 2008 - 07:20 PM

Nono... this feature in lenovo- one key recovery
does not required to create a recovery disc.
The recovery can be launch by pressing a button design to run the eisa configuration partition.

But the recovery known as the one key recovery button wont run if the C partition is re-sized other than the default size when the one key recovery is working.

Anyone know the size of the C partition, all 5 number required like 12345MB.

Or is there another way to do a partition restore to the default or able to run the recovery on a re-sized partition?

#4 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 09 August 2008 - 01:11 PM

partition magic might do it. never used it, but seen it reccommended a few times on here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users