Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why Do People Think Ps3 Sucks?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 khallid

khallid

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:19 PM

Every article I read says that ps3 sucks because it has less games, and its less entertaining.

Edited by garmanma, 07 August 2008 - 09:45 AM.
moved to appropiate forun

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:50 AM

If you want to have a discussion on gaming platforms, try offering some substance to the debate rather than so and so sucks. You also might want to post in the gaming forum where someone might want to disagree with you. I'm moving this post there
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 thelittleduck

thelittleduck

• Members
  • 902 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:04 PM

Every article I read says that ps3 sucks because it has less games, and its less entertaining.

Well, the games are really complex and take so much time to develop. It will just take more time than previous, less powerful consoles for the PS3's repertoire of games to build up.

As for being less entertaining, fancy graphics often take the place of new, intuitive ideas and addictive gameplay.

#4 tossy

tossy

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 09 August 2008 - 02:26 AM

I don't think its true some times I got problem with ps3, but not all times it sucks...

#5 riz_cola

riz_cola

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 14 August 2008 - 12:49 AM

It doesn't really suck when I play my friends copy of CoD 4 online on teh Ps3... SLicee!!
Maybe this video will show you how it might haved sucked Ps3 Presentation
It takes more muscle to frown than it is to smile...

So smile foo!

#6 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 14 August 2008 - 06:44 AM

I don't have a PS3 and don't see myself wanting or getting one in the future. My reasons are that the price is too high for what it is, the games don't look that great, and the way technology is developing it will be outdated soon.

A PC can be upgraded again and again. I'll stick with PCs.
Regards,

Alan.

#7 Kamakazie

Kamakazie

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 14 August 2008 - 09:46 PM

console faults perks

PS3 - to pricey, not enough games / great graphics, some games are insane

Xbox 360 - i find no real fault in the gaming system / good price, great games, lots of games, easy Xbox live, achievements(ya), almost virtually a PC in console style

Wii - some games need graphics improvement, gets some ppl tired fast / great price, interactive, great games

My opinion on the 3 new next gen consoles

Edited by Kamakazie, 14 August 2008 - 09:47 PM.

It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees
To knock a thing down, especially if it is at an arrogant angle, is a deep delight to the
To know the road ahead, ask those coming back
Valor is stability, not of legs and arms, but of courage and the soul
If you ever fall, get back up. If you fall again, take the person who pushed you down with you when you go
Being wise is knowing how not to make mistakes, becoming wise is by making mistakes

#8 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2008 - 07:49 AM

well the price is really a non-issue nowdays. Its stickered at 399, the middle price 360 is 349. My problem with the PS3 is that when i was choosing which console to buy i had forgotten how many PS2 games I had, so i bought the 360 instead...que sera sera.

#9 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2008 - 06:27 PM

My opinion on the recent gen:

PS3 - Pretty games, expensive, Blu-Ray included, not enough games (esp. first party games that are great), diminishing lack of backward compatibility.

XBOX360 - Noisy, Red Ring, more games, well-rounded genres, no high-def player built in, hot (heat wise).

WII - Not really current gen, a glorified GameCube with motion sensing, innovative, no current (graphically) games, strictly a gaming system, great for casual gamers.

I say get a PS3 or 360 depending on current and upcoming games. Of course, have a decent gaming PC. It seems that many XBOX titles are being released for the PC market.

3939.png

#10 Kamakazie

Kamakazie

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 27 August 2008 - 08:10 PM

for the xbox, the red ring problem is fixed. and turn down the volume if it is loud. but i have no rebuttal for the lack of hi def or the heat. but heat generates more if u play it standing up. I am more of a 360 fan by the way. In case u didn't know. :thumbsup:
It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees
To knock a thing down, especially if it is at an arrogant angle, is a deep delight to the
To know the road ahead, ask those coming back
Valor is stability, not of legs and arms, but of courage and the soul
If you ever fall, get back up. If you fall again, take the person who pushed you down with you when you go
Being wise is knowing how not to make mistakes, becoming wise is by making mistakes

#11 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2008 - 11:47 PM

I am more of a 360 fan by the way. In case u didn't know. :thumbsup:

I had no idea! In all fairness (I'm more of a PS3 guy myself) the newer non-refurbished 360's have most of their problems solved. But the heat and the loud jet-engine-like noise the 360's fans make are annoying.

3939.png

#12 woodyblade

woodyblade

• Members
  • 670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:42 PM

The Red Ring problem isn't sorted out that is just a Sign of Hardware failure on the Xbox 360, My Brother has had to send his 360 back 3 times twice the HDD had failed so he wasn't too pleased that he had to complete his Games again and the other Time his Graphics part in the Xbox had failed.

They are noisy in terms of Fans belting away and a lot of Heat is pumped out but so does the PS3 but the PS3 is quieter. Yeah and that is how would describe the Xbox Cooling Fans as well, If it was someone else outside passing by they might think the House is about to take off with the Noise the 360 makes.

And the extra price of the PS3 is justified by the built in Wireless Connection and Blu-Ray player and also the free Account for playing with other people around the World while you pay 40 to get a Live Account every year I can save that and get another Game, the Xbox 360 needs a Cable to connect to a Router or you have to pay more money to get a Wireless Sub-Station for it. So it near enough adds up to what the Cost of the PS3 is by the time you add that in above.

And how Microsoft Releases New Versions of the Xbox 360 when the PS3 first came out, they brought out what they called the Xbox 360 Elite and the only change they had made was a bigger HDD which was bigger than the PS3 HDD.
I could go out now and buy a Laptop 250Gb HDD and put it in my PS3 and that would make it Bigger than the Xbox. So while the Xbox is limited to the Same HDD I can go buy another and another if I wanted to or needed more Space.

And as you might have already realised I'm a PS3 Fan and have put up some Points as to why the PS3 is better, it may lack the Games at the Moment but think the Xbox 360 was out a Year and a Half before the PS3 and they are much more Complex Games on it.

#13 MuffinMan9o9

MuffinMan9o9

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2008 - 04:51 PM

As you said, one of the main reasons is because the Playstation 3 has a much more narrow selection of games than the Xbox 360. I own an Xbox 360, Playstation 3 [Only two games I think are worth buying are MGS4 and Ratchet and Clank so far], and Wii [In the order on how much I like them]. The Xbox 360 just has a wider selection of games and they seem to turn out better than Playstation 3 games [seems to be that PS3 people focus more on graphics than gameplay]. Also, the online feature of the Xbox is exponentially better than that of the playstation 3, especially if you are into first-person-shooter games.

However, if you are interested in buying a Blu-Ray player then the Playstation 3 could be the best invention ever in your opinion, because it cheaper than just buying a Blu-Ray player and you can play video games on it.

The PS3 is alright, it just hasn't had that many great titles out yet, which will hopefully change soon.

#14 woodyblade

woodyblade

• Members
  • 670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 02 September 2008 - 05:57 PM

Yes but as I said the PS3 was out 1 and a Half Years after the 360. And how do you make out that there aren't that many Great Game Titles out?

GTA 4 - Might not be Exclusive but a Great Game on the PS3.
Assassins Creed - A Great Game and Storyline.
Devil May Cry 4 - A well known Series of Games.
Oblivion - That's become a Great Game on the PS3 the Graphics and Landscape are Immense.
Gran Turismo 5 - Again another Series Of Games.

These are just a Few of what can be Considered Great Games all available on the PS3.

It just isn't about Graphics, The Graphics look Better than the 360 but the Gameplay is getting way better after the Original Release of Games in March 2007

#15 MuffinMan9o9

MuffinMan9o9

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2008 - 06:17 PM

Yes but as I said the PS3 was out 1 and a Half Years after the 360. And how do you make out that there aren't that many Great Game Titles out?

GTA 4 - Might not be Exclusive but a Great Game on the PS3.
Assassins Creed - A Great Game and Storyline.
Devil May Cry 4 - A well known Series of Games.
Oblivion - That's become a Great Game on the PS3 the Graphics and Landscape are Immense.
Gran Turismo 5 - Again another Series Of Games.

These are just a Few of what can be Considered Great Games all available on the PS3.

It just isn't about Graphics, The Graphics look Better than the 360 but the Gameplay is getting way better after the Original Release of Games in March 2007

Touche. I was talking about PS3 exclusive though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users