Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Building A Computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RAM1

RAM1

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:42 PM

hi all
im thinking of building a computer for gaming, not really good games, just Mark of Chaos and stuff. i was thinking of using this motherboard, http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/se...csid=_21because i dont have much money... :thumbsup: if you know any inexpensive parts that i could use in an ok gaming computer please let me know!!!!!
thanks in advance,
mike

Edited by RAM1, 06 August 2008 - 08:43 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:33 PM

The motherboard you selected is designed for a small PC, so the number of possible upgrade options on it is limited. Aside from that, it's a decent mobo. If you want one that allows for more memory, I suggest the BIOSTAR TForce TP43D2A7 LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard. If you want even more memory the ASUS P5QL PRO LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard will do nicely. Keep in mind that these two motherboards are more expensive. Also, they do not support SLI or Crossfire. Both are available at Newegg.

3939.png

#3 RAM1

RAM1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2008 - 08:43 AM

ok DJ ill look into those,
anyway can i connect a SATA HDD to an IDE slot? my dell dimension 2300 needs a new hdd too so im trying to get one, but i wanted an SATA

#4 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:54 PM

It's a good idea to get IDE if that is what your motherboard supports. You can buy a converter, but they are typically slow so you won't get many of the benefits of SATA.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users