Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rundll Error Message On Startup

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 eldoggg

eldoggg

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:00 PM

.....I recently removed the Virtumondo virus. In the aftermath....I'm dealing with a few little issues. On startup I get the little window in the middle of my screen that says RUNDLL in the upperleft hand corner. The message underneath says " Error loading C:\Windows\system32\rdioraaa.dll "the specified module could not be found . I tried the advice to click on START then RUN then type in msconfig. but it just says it can't find it. I tried SEARCH all over the computer and came up empty handed. I tried to download XP SP3 package a while ago and an hour into it , SET UP failed and evrything had to be restored to my restore point. It was kind of scary. Could this module problem have caused that to happen?.......

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dr_Manhattan

Dr_Manhattan

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:23 PM

If you haven't tried this yet, try removing the file manually in safe mode and see if that works out for you. Good luck!!!

#3 eldoggg

eldoggg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:01 PM

.....I recently removed the Virtumondo virus. In the aftermath....I'm dealing with a few little issues. On startup I get the little window in the middle of my screen that says RUNDLL in the upperleft hand corner. The message underneath says " Error loading C:\Windows\system32\rdioraaa.dll "the specified module could not be found . I tried the advice to click on START then RUN then type in msconfig. but it just says it can't find it. I tried SEARCH all over the computer and came up empty handed. I tried to download XP SP3 package a while ago and an hour into it , SET UP failed and evrything had to be restored to my restore point. It was kind of scary. Could this module problem have caused that to happen?.......

I do not understand the solution response >what file am I removing and how do I do that?.....I have limited computer knowledge.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:07 PM

See if you can located an entry for rdioraaa.dll using the AutoRuns utility.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:21 PM

If you can't locate it with AutoRuns try running a full system scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in Normal Mode (Instructions).
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#6 eldoggg

eldoggg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2008 - 08:17 PM

.......I understand the first answer now......and tried the other two.......problem was resolved with regedit. Thanks to evrybody that posted. :thumbsup: :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users