Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Network Icon Becomes Not Responding

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 shehab6003

shehab6003

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:37 PM

after some time my network icon becomes not responding even when i remove the wire from my network card it still indicates it's connected but there's no internet and i can't use the network also when i copy a large file on the network the network icon becomes not responding also i tried reinstalling the driver but it doesnt work please some one help me
:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dr_Manhattan

Dr_Manhattan

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:41 PM

Please provide a bit more information. How many computers are in your network setup? Do you have a router? DSL or cable modem? How large is the file? Does your internet connection only cut off when you try to transfer the big file? Sorry for bombarding you with all of these questions.

#3 shehab6003

shehab6003
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:57 PM

the network have 5 computer but only mine that has that problem and we use a router and a switch to connect to the internet and the file eas big i mean like 2 GB and not only the internet is cut off but all the network and still the network icon is not indicating an unplugged wire my network adapter is VIA RHINE II FAST ETHERNET ADAPER and i'm using a fujitsu Amilo LI 1705 laptop thanks for the help anyway

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,406 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:25 PM

My guess would be that your onboard NIC is going or gone. I've never seen an onboard NIC give any indication that it was going bad or was bad.

I would just install a PCI NIC and use that.

Louis

#5 Dr_Manhattan

Dr_Manhattan

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:29 PM

I also recommend what the other post said, try installing another network card and go from there. Hope this will solve you issues.

#6 shehab6003

shehab6003
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:03 PM

that's bad news guys that's because i'm using a laptop and there isnt any free slots for upgrades i dont know what will i do :thumbsup: :flowers:

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,406 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2008 - 11:40 AM

OK.

You can always try removing the connection totally and setting it up anew. If that doesn't work, I really don't know what to suggest other than removing the NIC via Device Manager and trying to allow XP to reinstall it.

I suppose that you could also check Event Viewer for error messages which might contain clues to what might be awry.

How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/

Louis

#8 shehab6003

shehab6003
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2008 - 10:47 AM

thanks a lot for the info but i get no error messages what so i guess nothing crashes and i tried different drivers the first time i install the driver the card works perfectly but after restart it begins to not respond when i attemp to copy any large file

#9 oneup

oneup

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2008 - 11:17 PM

I think I have heard about USB network connectors. Maybe try that.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users