Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc Input On Lcd Not Working Anymore

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cm11599ps

cm11599ps

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:27 PM

Hey guys. I've been racking my brains on this and can't figure out what's going on.

I have an XP desktop on my wireless network in my living room. From the desktop I run into a powered VGA splitter so that I can send a VGA signal to my Sony 40" tv as well as a 17" monitor I have on the living room wall. I use the TV for internet browsing and such and then when I want to watch TV I simply change the input on my TV. The smaller monitor is still on and will display my photo screensaver after a few minutes. This setup has worked fine since March but all of a sudden it went kaput.

OK, so my smaller monitor still shows the computer display but my TV now says "No PC input" on the PC input setting. for the record I have not changed any settings on anything, it all of a sudden stopped working. All of the cables and such are brand new, having been purchased since March.

So here's a rundown of what I've done......

VGA out of computer to splitter then VGA cables running to tv and smaller monitor---------Only smaller monitor works.

Switching the VGA cables for smaller monitor and TV -------- Only smaller monitor works.

Going straight from computer to TV with 2 seperate VGA cables------ No picture on TV with either cable

Going straight from a DIFFERENT computer VGA out to TV ------- FINALLY a picture on TV.

What gives? Everything worked fine since March until a few days ago. That's when the PC input on the TV itself would display the blank "no pc input" screen but would flicker the computer display occassionally. Even while this was happening the display on the smaller monitor was not affected at all.

Then last night and this morning everything was back to normal but now it's back to not working at all. I don't even get the flicker of the computer display on the TV anymore.

I've tried different cables, I've made sure the cables are inserted tightly and I've changed resolutions. Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cm11599ps

cm11599ps
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2008 - 05:15 PM

This is frustrating because I can't narrow this thing down.

The big TV and the small monitor will display the image fine but after a few minutes the TV will flicker and then will display the "no pc input" screen. The small monitor is NOT a problem at all and continues to work.

But!

If I use the same exact vidoe connections and use the vga out on a different computer than both screens work fine, the big TV and the small monitor.

What the hell!?

#3 cm11599ps

cm11599ps
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:05 PM

Anyone?

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2008 - 07:28 PM

I wish I could help but this is something I've never done. Let's move you to Hardware and see if you get ant responses there
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 cm11599ps

cm11599ps
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2008 - 07:41 PM

I wish I could help but this is something I've never done. Let's move you to Hardware and see if you get ant responses there

Great, thank you! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users