Newbie here with average experience working with bleeping computers. My problem has me puzzled from a procedural standpoint and any help would be appreciated.
QUESTIONS… computer cannot access the internet.
- Is it helpful to download and scan w/detectors (AdAware, Spybot S+D, etc.) if I am unable to update with their latest files?
- I can download to another computer then transfer software to my computer and run without updating. Is that advisable and useful?
- OS Win-XP/SP2 Media Edition with all updates (except SP3).
- 1 GB RAM w/ Intel 2400 @ 1.83 GHz/988 MHz.
- Use IE, Version 6.0.2900.xpsp_sp2qfe070227-2300
- Recently lost internet access…it just ceased to connect. I can still use Outlook / Office XP for e-mail.
- IE just will not load...stalls out.
- ISP is Verizon FiOS; Verizon confirms that there is no issue with their service since another computer had no difficulty accessing via IE.
- Working wireless, and have tried connecting via line cord to the router…still unable to connect (wireless or line cord).
- Prefer to NOT upgrade to IE 7 due to compatibility issues at work.
Any help appreciated, Thanks - Press1