Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Introduction

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SANTACRUZ

SANTACRUZ

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:57 AM

Good morning, First time here and like what I see already. I have been to many help sites. I hope this one works for me.

I have learned what I know about computers/laptops by trial and error. I started out crying and screaming. Now I can take my computer apart, add different components, help my family and friends.

When it comes to more detailed work, I will try all the suggestions that I understand, then call for help. But I like to solve it myself which causes me to suffer longer than I should.

I am a young-senior, have ATM card and computer, will travel.

My computer is my connection to my family and friends, thanks to Internet telephone services. I can find out whatever I need to know and it is a great asset.

Money and computers are the greatest, if used for good.

Santacruz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:21 PM

Welcome to BC!
If you ever get stuck, come here for help.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 AlainG

AlainG

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:42 PM

Hi, Bonjour;

I am a Laboratory Supervisor were I work with computers connected to different and sophisticated instruments for lab analysis.
I work with all the platforms from DOS to XP connected to those analytical instruments dating back to 1985 for my older instrument.

The problem is I almost miss those good old days of DOS and MS Window.
With my newer instruments connected to the net I spend half of my time managing and cleaning out the computer.

The problems I have with newer computers far outweigh the problems with chemistry and biochemistry.

If somebody does not do something about those viruses and adwares, computers will become more of a hindrance than a tool!!!

On a lighter note; it's the 400th anniversary of the founding of Quebec city, home of Laval University were I work.

Quebec city was founded in 1608 by Champlain, a French explorer, who like Columbus, was also looking for the road to China.
Subsequent French explorers discovered the Great Lakes and the Mississipi River leading them to the connection with the Gulf of Mexico and the creation of New Orleans. With these two cities; Quebec and Nouvelle Orléans, France had control for some time to the major waterways of Northern america the St-Laurent river and the Mississipi river. Enough of that

Hope you people will be able to give me a new appreciation of computers !!!!

#4 samuel3

samuel3

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:23 PM

Welcome :thumbsup:

#5 jackfruit1

jackfruit1

• Members
  • 1 posts