Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connecting Two Pcs To Internet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 philflash26

philflash26

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:05 AM

I've just set up another PC in my house using a zoom router but I can't seem to get the internet to work on my second PC. I've done the usual going through the network connection wizard but it tells me that i need to renew the IP address. IP address is on random so cannot understand the problem.

When the internet pages try to load up I have clicked on the repair button which states it will renew my IP address but this fails.

Pulling my hair out at the mo so any suggestions would be greatly recieved.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 LynnKnows2

LynnKnows2

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:34 AM

I'm assuming that the 2nd PC is accessing the internet through the 1st PC? Did you set-up internet connection sharing on the first computer?? If that's not how you're doing it, have you gone into the router to make sure that there's nothing there that could be blocking the second computer?

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,819 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:42 AM

ICS has nothing to do with the connection...if you are using a router.

Did you set up the router in accordance with the instructions provided?

Are both PCs connecting to the router? Either?

The connections should be set up: Cable to Modem to Router, with both PCs connected to router. Is that what you have?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users