Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer Keeps Opening With Adverts Even When I Haven't Opened Ie!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Krondaj

Krondaj

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:32 AM

HI,

A while ago my computer started playing up... It lost the active desktop and dispalyed a biohazard sign saying i needed spyware removal software (obviously a ruse by whoever had just put this bit of spyware on my computer!)...

I downloaded Spybot search and destroy. This seemed to solve the problem - initially. However later when using firefox, firefox would just shutdown for no reason ( and still does sometimes), and Internet explorer would just popup with adverts for poker and other such nonsense.... This still happens even if iI havent used IE!

I used spybot search and destroy again (and regularly use it and immunize my self).

I still get the advert popups (it normally says - ads by targeted banner)!

I can't get rid of them, and i've noticed that my computer is rather slow... It takes ages to open windows documents etc...

Is there anyone there who can help me??

Thanks!

Krondaj.

Edited by garmanma, 06 August 2008 - 09:43 AM.
Moved to appropiate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:39 AM

Hi Krondaj, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

One of our moderators will move this to the Am I Infected forum where you will get this will get the proper attention. :thumbsup:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Behemoth

Behemoth

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:16 AM

It sounds like there are still a few trojans on your system. Download and Install Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware (free) Malwarebyte Anti-Malware update, and run. This should find a few files that Spybot didn't find. Hope this helps.
A+, Net+, MCP 270, 290

#4 Krondaj

Krondaj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:11 PM

I've done that... it found 20 things! Thanks for your help

I have them quarantined... however, when my computer starts it says it can't run
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rddvomhebiepjjsue.dll

Malwarebytes says this is Adware.BHO

How can I stop my computer from telling me it can't run it?

Thanks!!

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,756 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:29 PM

It's not unusual to receive such an error after using tools to remove malware infection.

A "Cannot find...", "Could not run...", "Error loading... or "specific module could not be found" message is usually related to malware that was set to run at startup but has been deleted. Windows is trying to load this file but cannot locate it since the file was mostly likely removed during an anti-virus or anti-malware scan. However, an associated orphaned registry entry remains and is telling Windows to load the file when you boot up. Since the file no longer exists, Windows will display an error message. You need to remove this registry entry so Windows stops searching for the file when it loads.

To resolve this, download Autoruns, search for the related entry and then delete it.
  • Create a new folder on your hard drive called AutoRuns (C:\AutoRuns) and extract (unzip) the file there. (click here if you're not sure how to do this.)
  • Open the folder and double-click on autoruns.exe to launch it.
  • Please be patient as it scans and populates the entries.
  • When done scanning, it will say Ready at the bottom.
  • Scroll through the list and look for a startup entry related to the file(s) in the error message.
  • Right-click on the entry and choose delete.
  • Reboot your computer and see if the startup error returns.
I recommend you rescan again with MBAM (Quick Scan) in normal mode and check all items found for removal. Don't forgot to reboot afterwards. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. When done, click the Logs tab and copy/paste the contents of the new report in your next reply.

Also let me know how your computer is running and if there are any more reports/signs of infection.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#6 Behemoth

Behemoth

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:59 PM

I've done that... it found 20 things! Thanks for your help

I have them quarantined... however, when my computer starts it says it can't run
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rddvomhebiepjjsue.dll

Malwarebytes says this is Adware.BHO

How can I stop my computer from telling me it can't run it?

Thanks!!

No problem. Glad I could help. Take quietman's advice and you should be as good as new.
:thumbsup:
A+, Net+, MCP 270, 290

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users