Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Msn And Bitdefender Problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Casual69

Casual69

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:21 AM

Hello,

A few days Bitdefender suddenly stopped working, with a warning outling a number of issues that needed to be fixed. The Firewall had turned itself off, and when I opted for the fix, nothing happened. The AV was no longer working, basically all protection was off and it would not allow me to fix even though it was prompting me towards using fix.
It was also not updating itself.

Secondly at about the same time, my msn messenger began encountering problems. Once signed in, the msn icon locates in the taskbar as normal, except as soon as my mouse courser goes over the MSN icon in the taskbar, the icon disappears and msn vanishes. When i try an re-start msn the msn logo with the cross through it appears in my task bar and yea same again...mouse over icon...icon gone.

Yesterday I ran Kaspersky's online check and this is the log that came up...

KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER 7 REPORT
 Wednesday, August 6, 2008
 Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600)
 Kaspersky Online Scanner 7 version: 7.0.25.0
 Program database last update: Tuesday, August 05, 2008 21:21:35
 Records in database: 1057928
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scan settings:
	Scan using the following database: extended
	Scan archives: yes
	Scan mail databases: yes

Scan area - My Computer:
	C:\
	D:\
	E:\

Scan statistics:
	Files scanned: 91754
	Threat name: 5
	Infected objects: 8
	Suspicious objects: 0
	Duration of the scan: 11:06:00

File name / Threat name / Threats count
C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\USDownloader-Lite\captcha.exe	Infected: Backdoor.Win32.Rbot.rms	1
C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\USDownloader-Lite\USDownloader-Lite\captcha.exe	Infected: Backdoor.Win32.Rbot.rms	1
C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\USDownloader-Lite.rar	Infected: Backdoor.Win32.Rbot.rms	1
C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\Aone_Ultra_RM_Converter_v3.3.0916.rar	Infected: not-a-virus:FraudTool.Win32.SpyNoMore.g	1
C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\Internet.Download.Manager.5.12.Build.9.www.viciowarez.com.rar	Infected: Trojan-GameThief.Win32.OnLineGames.rzzo	1
C:\Program Files\AskTBar\bar\1.bin\A5POPSWT.DLL	Infected: not-a-virus:AdTool.Win32.MyWebSearch.az	1
C:\Program Files\AskTBar\bar\1.bin\ASKTBAR.DLL	Infected: not-a-virus:AdTool.Win32.MyWebSearch.az	1
C:\Program Files\mIRC\mirc.exe	Infected: not-a-virus:Client-IRC.Win32.mIRC.631	1

The selected area was scanned.

Is that log any help at all?

I really am out of my depth and lost on this one.

Edited by Casual69, 06 August 2008 - 11:15 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users