Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Windows Genuine Valadation Tool (kb892130)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stubbs69

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 06 August 2008 - 06:51 AM

well my tale of woe is this, i installed service pack 3 recently and all was fine untill i installed a game, i then went to play the game but that failed and i got an I|O DEVICE ERROR, so i uninstalled the game with add-remove and then i got the blue screen of death saying my pc has recoverd from a serious fault and needs to close, so my son in is wisdom decided to run the re-covery consol, and thats when things realy went-tits up. when i turned the pc on and went to log-on i got a error box saying, This copy of windows must be activated with microsoft before you can log-on. at that point i was stumped, i even tried safe mode and last known good settings with my GENUINE copy of windows in the cd rom drive, so its off down to the pc repair shop and after two days and a three hour phone call with microsoft and a new product key it still did not work, (or so the repair said) he told me he had to hack into the windows os on my pc to tell it that my version was genuine and then disable the so called hack, shutdown and restart, and yes my pc is up and running like silk. so my problem now (and im sorry for rambling on with the above) is that when i use windows update the install fails and to be told that i must first install the WINDOWS GENUINE VALADATION TOOL, but when i try to install this it also fails code kb892130, so is microsoft saying that my version of windows is invalid or am i missing something.
thanks for your time and any help would be great indeed

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

• 54,991 posts
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:02 AM

Worth a look: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914225

Post the exact...exact error message you received, please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users