Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost My Drive (wife Cannot Assist)!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bleepingJim

bleepingJim

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:37 PM

Last year I did a format because of a virus I didn't know how to resolve. Anyway, ever since then, I have no D: drive, hence lost 60GB of memory. If I go in to system, the partition is visible yet it won't let me click on it to switch. It's like it exists but it doesn't. I also lost drivers such as PCI bridge (could be related to above?). Everything has been otherwise working fine so I didn't bother trying to fix it then. But now I am running low on memory due to iTunes, vids, ect. and I can sure use those additional GB I had once before! Please assist.
Thanx!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,713 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:37 AM

When you did the reformat did you do both partitions?

If you look in Disk Management how much big is the capcity, and how much free space does it show?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users