Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

While On Security... Yahoo? Go Figure...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 gheese

gheese

• Banned
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 AM

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:34 PM

yahoo email... primarily MESSENGER is very much a hacker... well cracker BASE server that can be easily overtaken, but I was naive with just running yahoo chat through one of the more "safe" clients... I dont know if it was java prog written that was old school or ymlite but it was not as easily overtaken... whatever, I cannot recall, but it was tougher to boot and control the account/name of the yahoo user than regular messenger. Now I had a name only for chat which was a fake info and did not use it for nothing but chat with few friends. Rarely did I enter the rooms because people love to flex in there how they own rooms and act like kids basically. Anyhow, I only had about a 15 or so pword that was random characters and not only was the name taken, but they managed to slip an unknown virus into my computer that was working like a dream and they were mentioning how it works earlier so who knows who got it besides me. The virus was doing as said would. Kill the HD eventually. I was forced to go to last resort and clean out the whole machine because no virus program was picking up it. I did not really care, but it would be nice to have that name back just because of principle.

? i have is how easy is a 15-20 character pword to break instead of something like this for a cracker to break: HG4P;^@_H|qCK#<\*aSQ$axf;&,QE'i1>^'7tWq.?A3!1EM|(3)~;[(*dCpwu{B

other ? ist how did that get through without no download or nothing, just was there and within a few minutes I knew the machine was on its way out unless i just erased everything....

??? any clues ???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users