Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help Me I Need Help With Siteadvisor And Zonealarm And More Please!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 PapaPixels

PapaPixels

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 05 August 2008 - 03:47 PM

Ok, this all started today about an hour ago. I opened my mozilla browser and there was an alert message about McAfee SiteAdvisor. The alert said something like dss2.siteadvisor.com:443 is not a valid certificate. Then it talked about dss1.siteadvisor.com or something. So i uninstalled SiteAdvisor and the error went away. Then the siteadvisor.com site didnt work anymore when i went to it. It only showed a blank page. Then i turned my other comp (desktop) on and i got the same message so i uninstalled siteadvisor on that comp. Then i rebooted my desktop comp and when it turned on, zonealarm firewall closed cause the windows error message came up and said it had to close. This is very strange. Someone please tell me if i should be worried about spyware or anything. I use alot of anti-spyware programs and i use avast antivirus and im paranoid of getting anything harmful on my comps please help me. The siteadvisor error happened like right after i used Ccleaner to clean registry files of MUI and MUI cache could this be the reason why? Please anyone help me! Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users