Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Have I Done, Please?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Reena

Reena

• Members
  • 391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:20 AM

When I access certain websites I get a popup dialogue box which states:

Registry change allowed. identified as user white list.

Resident allowed change of

FOD4B239 - DA4B - 4DAF - 81E4 - DFEE4931A4AA

Category user. user specified browser toolbar base on your white list.

I hope I have managed to get all that info as the dialogue box keeps disappearing!

I have a feeling that this is linked somehow to one of my Anti-spyware programes; that I have clicked on an "Allow" box when it would have been better not to have done so.

Any advice you can offer will be gratefully received!
My thanks
Reena

Windows XP
I.E.7
SpyBot Search & Destroy Resident
Ad Aware SE
SpyBlaster
Advanced Windows Care
Super AntiSpyware professional
Avira Anti-Virus
Zone Alarm Free version

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,866 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:35 AM

Worth reading: http://forums.spybot.info/archive/index.php/t-9449.html

I use Spybot but I do not allow it to monitor my registry changes, since such happen frequently (particularly when updating) and I don't consider that useful info for myself. It might be useful for others.

Louis

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:38 AM

I'd suggest opening each of the programs listed above and searching for a white list entry for the Ask toolbar (which is what FOD4B239 - DA4B - 4DAF - 81E4 - DFEE4931A4AA seems to be used for).

I'm not familiar with the message tho', so you may want to wait for others to post here.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:39 AM

Please disregard this post. :thumbsup:

Edited by dc3, 05 August 2008 - 09:47 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users