Jump to content
Posted 04 August 2008 - 07:51 PM
Posted 07 August 2008 - 07:28 AM
Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:59 PM
Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:55 PM
Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:09 AM
Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:23 AM
Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:26 AM
Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:29 AM
Posted 16 August 2008 - 06:51 AM
Posted 16 August 2008 - 07:03 AM
Welcome to BC a@ron
If you have an issue or problem you would like to discuss, please start your own topic. Doing that will help to avoid the confusion that often occurs when trying to help two or more members at the same time in the same thread. Even if your problem is similar to the original poster's problem, the solution could be different based on the kind of hardware, software, system requirements, etc. you are using and the presence of other malware. Further, posting for assistance in someone else's topic is not considered proper forum etiquette.
Thanks for your cooperation.
Catastrophe, please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
- When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
On the Scanner tab:
- If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.
- Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
- If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
- Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
- Then click on the Scan button.
- If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
- The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
- Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Reagardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
- Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users