Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Resolution Of Laptop Display And Of External Monitor...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lhamil64

lhamil64

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:07 PM

I have a laptop as my main computer and I have it hooked up to an external keyboard, mouse, and monitor. Sometimes I like to unplug everything and just use it like a normal laptop. When I use the Fn+F5 key to change to the internal display, the resolution is still the same from the other display. It is still readable but there is a black space where the screen could expand to. I tried to (while hooked up to the external display) change the resolution of the secondary monitor (the internal one) but it keeps just copying exactly what is on the first display (the external one). If I change the resolution on one monitor, they both change to that. If i click "Identify" it shows a number "1" on both monitors. I could just change the resolution every time i switch monitors but then when i plug it into the external one it is a little distorted (enough that i could navigate to change the resolution back though)

Or is there a batch or vbs script that could toggle the resolution between the two?
The two resolutions are: External: 1024 x 768 Internal: 1280 x 800

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users