Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp Pro Sp3 And Now Wmp Won't Sync

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LilMac

LilMac

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:00 PM

I have recently installed XP Pro with SP3 after having XP Home for a long time. I've reinstalled WPM 11, and now my Scandisk Sansa e250v2 MP3 player won't sync. It' weird - I hear the beeps like the computer found new hardware, but nothing appears in My Computer as it usually does. The MP3 player does not show in WMedia Player either. Checking Device Manager, it is there on a USB port, but properties show not working properly, that the driver is missing.

I have a P4 system, 2 GB of memory, (1) 80 GB harddrive and a recently installed 320 GB second HD. Recent changed: Partitioned 320 GB HD giving 100 GB to My Music. Rest is data.

I have a laptop and have moved files/synced there to get my project done. But I need to find out why the drivers are gone. I can' seem to find them on the web specific to this model. Is this related to the Pro / SP3 install? Thanks. :thumbsup:
Morning without coffee is like........sleep.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 04 August 2008 - 01:25 PM

Checking Device Manager, it is there on a USB port, but properties show not working properly, that the driver is missing.

We need the make and model of the computer, please
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 LilMac

LilMac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:24 PM

Computer is home grown from sister/brothers: Intel board P4 CPU 2.00GH, 1.99 GB Ram; ACPI Uniprocessor PC
Running XP Pro SP3. Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller. Wireless Logitech mouse and keyboard. TDK internal CD drive. USB 4 on board for mouse, keyboard, external USB hub, external DVD/CD drive; using one Belkn USB hub for printers. PnP Envision flat monitor; Belkin Wireless G Desktop Card and Intel Pro/100 VE Network Connection. Using wireless card to utilize the DSLmodem upstairs. Soundmax Integrated Digital Audio.

What else can I tell you? Thanks for any advice. :thumbsup:
Morning without coffee is like........sleep.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users