Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Event Id Error 10016

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 eggway

eggway

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:33 AM

i format my laptop with windows XP home (no SP).
than i install SP2 before i install all my program.

Now running XP home SP2.
I notice a error 10016 in the event viewer.

The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{A4199E55-EBB9-49E5-AF1A-7A5408B2E206}
to the user NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE SID (S-1-5-20). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

{A4199E55-EBB9-49E5-AF1A-7A5408B2E206} = RegSrvc.Registry

{A4199E55-EBB9-49E5-AF1A-7A5408B2E206} = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\RegSrvc.exe"

how do i fix it??

Edited by eggway, 04 August 2008 - 10:43 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:15 PM

To fix it, I would suggest uninstalling your Intel Pro networking software, then install a copy that's freshly downloaded from the Intel website (often the one's on the CD are too outdated to work with SP2).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 eggway

eggway
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2008 - 07:20 PM

The thing is that my intel PROset wireless software is downloaded from the intenet, not from the disc.
i downloaded the latest version.
I download from the intel website.

Edited by eggway, 04 August 2008 - 07:21 PM.

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:29 AM

I'd still suggest uninstalling it, then reinstalling a fresh copy. There could've been problems with the download, there could have been problems with the installation process, or there just could've been a glitch that messed things up. Without reinstalling, there's no way to verify if this is a driver problem or a problem in another area. If the error recurs after the reinstall, then we'll know that we have to look elsewhere.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 eggway

eggway
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:36 AM

OK, i did a format using XP home (no SP) again. ( no error 10016)
Install SP2 before i install all the drive back ( this time intel wireless software not installed, just install the driver). ( no error 10016)
Than i install SP3. ( no error 10016)
I install the intel wireless software and the error was back.

So what do u thing the error is??
And how to solve it??

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:04 AM

So it's either the software causing a problem, or it's a problem with Windows.
I'd suspect that the easiest thing to do would be to grant yourself the security permission by modifying it using the Component Services administrative tool.

I'm not familiar with the tool, and don't have any systems with the Intel software on it, so I'm afraid that I can't be of help with that.

#7 eggway

eggway
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:22 AM

My final answer is that the intel wireless software is causing the problem. But it does not matter as it is use for wireless networking and my wireless work fine. And this error will not result a system crash and system failure. So i ignore this error.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users