Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question about SATA Drives

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 thebach

thebach

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 17 April 2005 - 05:34 PM

I heard that even if you have SATA drives, you will only get IDE speeds because your going through an IDE controller on your motherboard. I have a K8N-E Deluxe Mobo. I believe I'm going through an IDE controller but not sure. So how do you get true SATA speeds?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thebach

thebach
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 17 April 2005 - 05:49 PM

I just went into IDE ATA ATAPI controllers and hit speed test on both my Maxtor 160 gig Serial ATA drives, it came out sustained speed 59.9, that sucks, these drives are supposed to be 3 times that fast, what is wrong?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users