Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Memory Dump Probable Malware Cause - 'antivirus Xp 2008'

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ramma

Ramma

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 AM

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:28 AM

Hi - First time post, so I'll try to sum up my problem as best as I can. Thankyou in advance to all those who can help.

I have a reasonably brand new Dell 1530 Laptop running vista, and have a full updated version of Mcafee Security Centre running.

I recently downloaded a file, which I thought to be suspect, so I scanned it using the Mcafee scanner, which said that the file was good.

I opened the file, and have had problems ever since.

The computer became infected with the 'Antivirus XP 2008', and exhibited all of the symptoms that everyone else is describing - pop up window suggesting many viruses, desktop changed, errors opening notebook.

Furthermore, since working in Vista's safe mode, I've also had issues with google search links sending me to a website... asiuoqgusdbaksd dot com which then redirects.

I have followed a number of posts, and have scanned my computer fully with Mcafee, CCleaner, Malware Bytes - Anti-Malware, Spybot S&D, and done some manual removal of files as well. I've also applied the Vundo fix, and the smitfraud fix, and most files seem to have disappeared.

I have two remaining problems that I can't seem to solve.

1. When I do a boot to normal vista, when it gets to the login screen, I get the 'Blue Screen' memory dump error - STOP 0x0000008E (0xC0000005 ...etc), and this just cycles when I leave it between rebooting, and this blue screen (this is my main problem!). Once in 30 approx reboots it can get a bit beyond the login, but the error occurs shortly after.

2. When I run in Safe Mode (with Networking), if I use the internet explorer, it brings up one of two errors ''windows must now restart because the DCOM Server Process Launcher service terminated unexpectedly' is one, the other is a 'Plug and Play' error. Both of which, restart the computer after about 1 min from when the error box appears. I can stop the shutdown if I use the 'shutdown /a' command.

I fast running out of ideas (and computer knowledge here), so I'd appreciate any help. The main error seems to be the memory dump error, but I'd suspect that it is being caused by the Malware...

Any ideas? Thanks again.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 04 August 2008 - 04:58 PM.
Move to more appropriate forum. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 PM

Posted 05 August 2008 - 02:48 PM

Download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri) to your Desktop.
http://siri.urz.free.fr/Fix/SmitfraudFix.exe

Double-click SmitfraudFix.exe
Select option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press Enter
This program will scan large amounts of files on your computer for known patterns so please be patient while it works. When it is done, the results of the scan will be displayed and it will create a log named rapport.txt in the root of your drive, eg: Local Disk C: or partition where your operating system is installed. Please post that log along with all others requested in your next reply.

IMPORTANT: Do NOT run any other options until you are asked to do so!

**If the tool fails to launch from the Desktop, please move SmitfraudFix.exe directly to the root of the system drive (usually C:), and launch from there.

would you post the number 1 log please
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users