Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Will Cause Emails To Be Held On The Email Server

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Baptong

Baptong

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 PM

Posted 04 August 2008 - 07:44 AM

Email was sent from a third party notification app server more than a month ago. I received the email back then, but received the same email more than a month later. Email header has the same date the email was originally sent.
It really seems like email was sent and then being held on the email server (Groupwise) for more than a month.
Anyone have any idea about what may have caused a behavior like this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,001 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:51 AM

I've experienced this before with my new ISP, in this case it was only a week. But my previous ISP had some problems and I would get e-mail that had been sent upwards of two months ago, this is why I changed ISPs. In short, it has to be a server glitch at the ISP. Perhaps someone else can elucidate on this.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 LynnKnows2

LynnKnows2

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:27 AM

Yeah, it could be your ISP. If you are using a POP email client, most will have an option to delete email from the server. You may want to look and see if that option is available and selected. That way when you get your email, it will be deleted off the server. Now, if you are using IMAP, you don't want to delete your mail off of the server.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users