Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With Svchost Using Lots Of Cpu Power And Blocking/hiding Network Connections

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bigpaw1

bigpaw1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:38 AM

Hi

I hope you can help!

I have a problem where a svchost runs and consumes 25% plus CPU power and stops access to the Network Connections folder. If I stop the process it will open the file but it is empty and the svchost restarts. I have 2 network connections on this computer but only one is working - but obviously I can't get to the settings to change it or troubleshoot the other.

I have run Vundofix and this removed a number of files but did not cure the problem, I have run Malwarebytes and this removed some Trojan.Vundo files but still no cure.

Any help in sorting this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 aommaster

aommaster

I !<3 malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:59 PM

Your best bet would be to post a HijackThis Log in the HJT forum and wait for someone to reply to you. Seems that you have a virus infection.

To get the log:
Please download the self-extracting version of HijackThis from here:

HijackThis Installer Download

Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.

Double-click the file then click the Install button.

The file will be extracted to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
A shortcut for future use will also be created on your desktop and the Intro Frame of HijackThis will open.

Click Do a system scan and save a log file.

Then, post the log in the HJT forum. Please wait patiently for someone to get to your log, since the members of the HJT team have many logs waiting for a reply before yours.

My website: http://aommaster.com
unite_blue.png
Please do not send me PM's requesting for help. The forums are there for a reason : )
If I am helping you and do not respond to your thread for 48 hours, please send me a PM

#3 bigpaw1

bigpaw1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 04 August 2008 - 07:32 PM

Thanks Aommaster, but I am sorted now, I did a reinstall of XP and it's solved the problem.

Regards

#4 aommaster

aommaster

I !<3 malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:13 AM

Good to hear :thumbsup:

My website: http://aommaster.com
unite_blue.png
Please do not send me PM's requesting for help. The forums are there for a reason : )
If I am helping you and do not respond to your thread for 48 hours, please send me a PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users