Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vertical Dotted Lines On Bios Screen And Windows Splash

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Behemoth

Behemoth

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 AM

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:49 PM

I switched the components from an old PC case to a new one today. After the system booted in the new case, there were dotted vertical lines over the BIOS screen and Windows splash screen. After the splash screen it will either load Windows and lose the video signal in about 10 minutes or not load Windows and reboot. I can boot into Safe Mode fine, and doesn't reboot or lose the video signal. I have tried four different WHQL drivers, with no luck, and I have reseated the video card multiple times. It's starting to look like my video card may be going bad, and unfortunately I don't have another card to test. Anything else I can try before I RMA the card?

Specs:

AMD X2 4800+ s939
Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra SLI
EVGA nVidia 7800 GTX
Antec 550W Truepower
2g Patriot Signature
Seagate 500g SATA
A+, Net+, MCP 270, 290

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:53 AM

If it's giving you problems even in the bios, then I'm pretty sure it has to be a hardware problem. If your graphics card isn't at fault I would have to say your motherboard.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 Behemoth

Behemoth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:48 AM

Thats what I figured. I'm getting another card to test today. Thanks.
A+, Net+, MCP 270, 290

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users