First of all: When posting your logs, please post them directly into the reply. Please do NOT attach logs unless specifically requested.
Before we begin, you should save these instructions in Notepad to your Desktop, or print them, for easy reference and to make sure you don't get lost.
Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order in which they are mentioned below and do not miss any steps out. If at any point you have questions, or are unsure of the instructions, do not hesitate to post here and ask for clarification before proceeding with the fixes.Your log shows that your HijackThis is an old version.
Please delete all
copies of HijackThis.zip
you have saved.
We will download and install a HijackThis copy of the latest release with Deckard's System Scanner (see instructions below). Make sure you answer Yes
when Deckard's System Scanner prompts you to download and install HijackThis.We need to create a Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) log.
Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) from one of the links below and save to your Desktop.
(1) Download Deckard's System Scanner (dss.exe)
(2) Download Deckard's System Scanner (dss.exe)
DSS will do the following:
You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges when using Deckard's System Scanner.
- Create a new System Restore point in Windows XP and Vista.
- Clean your Temporary Files, Downloaded Program Files, Internet Cache Files, and empty the Recycle Bin on all drives.
- Check some important areas of your system and produce a report for an analyst to review.
- Automatically run HijackThis. It will also install and place a shortcut to HijackThis on your Desktop if you do not already have it installed. So if HijackThis is not installed and DSS prompts you to download it, please answer Yes.
To run the program:
- Close all applications and windows so that you have nothing open and are at your Desktop.
- Double-click on dss.exe to run DSS, and follow the prompts.
- If your antivirus or firewall complains, please allow this script to run as it is not malicious.
- When the scan is complete, two text files will open in Notepad (if not, they both can be found in the C:\Deckard\System Scanner folder):
- main.txt <- will be maximized
- extra.txt <- will be minimized;
) and paste (Ctrl
) the entire contents of main.txt and the extra.txt in your next reply.NOTES
:** When running DSS, some firewalls may warn that it is trying to access the Internet (especially if your asked to download the most current version of HijackThis); please ensure that DSS is given permission to access the Internet. **
** If you get a warning from your antivirus while DSS is scanning, please allow DSS to continue as the scan is not harmful. **