Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intro

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Rodfather

Rodfather

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:04 PM

Hello all! I am live in Missouri. I am over 60 years old (an old hippy), and use an IBM laptop and an old Compaq desk top. I am computer literate, but in no way am I able to do what these pros do in helping others with their problems. I was directed to this site by Hijackthis as I have a problem. Remember when it rains on your parade it gives you a chance to play in the rain (remember Woodstock). Rod

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 AM

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:08 PM

Hello Rod and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 jimgolfs

jimgolfs

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 AM

Posted 04 August 2008 - 02:07 AM

Hey Rod - I too am a newbie, a very new newbie in that I have never been a member of a forum before, so I'm losing a cherry today. I'm also 60 and also here because I have a problem - or is that "an opportunity to succeed"?

Let's hope we both get our selves fixed and back into the fray before much longer.

By the way - I'm from a place called Salamander Bay in the mid north Coast of New South Wales in Australia - I guess about a hundred and fifty miles north of Sydney.

Good luck!

#4 Geoplay

Geoplay

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:35 AM

Hey Rod - I too am a newbie, a very new newbie in that I have never been a member of a forum before, so I'm losing a cherry today. I'm also 60 and also here because I have a problem - or is that "an opportunity to succeed"?

Let's hope we both get our selves fixed and back into the fray before much longer.

By the way - I'm from a place called Salamander Bay in the mid north Coast of New South Wales in Australia - I guess about a hundred and fifty miles north of Sydney.

Good luck!

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:31 AM

A very warm welcome to all of you.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 Tale Gunner

Tale Gunner

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 04 August 2008 - 01:10 PM

Youre not using a battery connection to keep your computer running are you lol :thumbsup: As you I am new to this forum too so welcome

#7 samuel3

samuel3

• Members
  • 2,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 PM

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:26 PM

welcome :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users