Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Front Page 2000?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 501 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 17 April 2005 - 04:04 PM

Hi There,

I'm having major repeat problems with MS Front Page 2000. It just wont work. It keeps throwing up an error just after opening and then closes right away. And not only that, I've reinstalled it and not only does it continue to do the same thing but it also will not successfully update at Windows Office Updates. Office 2000 SP 3 wont download properly, it wont complete. I've had this a while back but I don't remember what happened to correct it. Anyone have any suggestions. I do use it for quit a number of things so I'd like to get it operational asap. It wont stay open to check things out though.
Also, do they store the updates in a temporary file that I might of emptied for quicker performance? If they do what file might that be so I don't do this again? Thank you.

Sincerely,

John :thumbsup:

Edited by Johnz414, 17 April 2005 - 04:05 PM.

John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 17 April 2005 - 10:10 PM

Do you know what the error was that comes up?

#3 Johnz414

Johnz414
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 501 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 17 April 2005 - 10:49 PM

Hi Grinler,

Yes I do, thank you for asking. It doesn't give any specific error just says, that "Microsoft Front Page has encountered a problem and needs to close." And to please report the problem to Microsoft and that I might lose any work I had. That's it.
There is an error that comes up when reinstalling Front Page and that is: "Error 1328 Error applying patch to file C:Config.MsiPT10A.tmp. It probably has been applied by another means and can no longer be modified by this patch. For more information contact your patch vendor." And "Error 1328 ... CConfig.MsiPT107.temp. ... " (ie.: Same error for this second program). That seems to be it, nothing else comes up. If that will help you great. In any case thanks for the try.

John
John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 18 April 2005 - 06:02 AM

Reboot to safe mode and try this:

This process will clean out your Temp files and your Temporary Internet Files. Please do both steps:

Step 1:Delete Temp Files
To clean out your temp files, click on Start and then run, and type %temp% and press the ok button.

This should open up the temp directory that your machine uses. Please delete all files that are found there. If you get an error when deleting a file, skip that file and delete all the others. If you had trouble deleting a file, reboot into Safe Mode and follow this step again. You should now be able to delete all the files.

Step 2: Delete Temporary Internet Files
Now I want you to open up Internet Explorer, and click on the Tools menu and then Internet Options. At the General tab, which should be the first tab you are currently on, click on the Delete Files button and put a checkmark in Delete offline content. Then press the OK button. This may take quite a while, so do not be alarmed with how long it takes. When it is done, your Temporary Internet Files will now be deleted.

Then see if you still get the error. Also search on your hard drive for the file:

MsiPT107.temp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users