Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Something With "wintqg32.dll"...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Panzerblitz

Panzerblitz

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 03 August 2008 - 04:04 PM

(guess I'll just start with the specifics)
Web browser: Mozilla Firefox
Anti-virus: avast!

Well, my dear good friend sent me a bad link. Yay. And after browsing the net and playing games as usual, I came to realise that I couldn't download pictures from my favourite site. Not from anywhere else, for that matter. The "Save Image" box came up larger than usual, with all fields blank. "Save" would not highlight, and if I tried to enter a directory into the field that usually says "My pictures", an incredibly small box (that probably contained an error message, but I only saw the X for close window) appeared and Firefox was frozen. I hit the X, and Firefox froze. Restarting the program did not help.

So I restarted the computer. As Vista started after I logged in, an error message stating that wintqg32.dll had failed to run because it could not be found. This has never happened before, and from my experience, .dll-files are a pain in the butt if they are "missing" or "broken". Firefox worked as usual for a while, then the same thing happened. I restarted the computer, same thing happened. avast! has not made a sound except the usual "Virus database has been updated".

It's become somewhat of an annoyance, and after peeking into several forums, I am pretty positive our friend "wintqg32.dll" has something to do with malware or the like.

So, what do I do to cure my computer? Is it a virus, a trojan, or what? I expect this can only get worse...

Many thanks in advance!

EDIT: I also seem to have lost the ability to use the Print-Screen function...

Edited by Panzerblitz, 03 August 2008 - 04:27 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:14 PM

Hello please see post 10 by quietman7 here and see if you can fix that with Autoruns tool.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/top...tml#entry781043
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Panzerblitz

Panzerblitz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 04 August 2008 - 03:47 AM

Thank you so much! The start-up error is gone, but my computer persists with not being able to use the prt sc-function, and Firefox is still unable to download (I'm running through a bunch on this one, so don't need help, yet).

Any leads on the print-screen error?

EDIT:
I forgot that I have a third-party program for taking screenshots; using the print-screen function will not add images to the clipboard, but add them directly to that program's folder.

I'll work on the Firefox problem myself for a while, then bugger Mozilla if it persists. IE works as it should, so it IS Firefox acting up.

Thank you so much for your help!

Edited by Panzerblitz, 04 August 2008 - 03:54 AM.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:11 AM

Ask the printscreen question in the Vista forum up top. i think someone there will have a suggestion for you better than I.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users