Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Requested Method Post Is Not Allowed For The Url /myform.php.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Connor!

Connor!

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 PM

Posted 03 August 2008 - 03:55 PM

I am building a website using Coffeecup visual site designer and also using their form builder. I have followed the instructions but when someone submits the form online they get an error

Method not Allowed. The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /myform.php.

I dont know much about web design, all I use to upload is my details to 123-reg

Is there something you think I am missing? I cant give much more information because I dont know much about it.
I have uploaded the files that I need to the 123-reg and put the .xml code on the site.

Sorry for lack of info

Thanks
Connor
Posted Image
Thanks Shaba! :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 PM

Posted 03 August 2008 - 04:02 PM

I am just making a guess here since I am not able to view the source code. It appears that the form is sending the form information via the 'POST' method, whereas the .php file that is accepting the form information does not have any code to accept information sent via the 'POST' method, but probably has code to accept the information via the 'GET' method.

Could we see the code from your form, or a link to the website? Also, seeing the code from the .php file would be helpful also.

#3 Connor!

Connor!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2008 - 04:10 PM

<script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script><div id="CC593748"><b>OOPS! </b>You forgot to upload swfobject.js ! You must upload this file for your form to work.</div><script type="text/javascript">var so = new SWFObject("myform.swf", "myform.xml", "267", "534", "7,0,0,0", "#ffffff");so.addParam("classid", "clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000");so.addParam("quality", "high");so.addParam("scale", "noscale");so.addParam("salign", "lt");so.addParam("wmode", "transparent");so.addParam("FlashVars", "xmlfile=myform.xml&w=267&h=534");so.write("CC593748");</script>

Is that what you are looking for? It places the form in but it doesnt function correctly. I know it says OOPS! </b>You forgot to upload swfobject.js ! You must upload this file for your form to work but that seemed to be there from the start.

I uploaded the swobject.js on the form builder but it wouldnt let me on the actual site builder.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge!

Thanks
Connor

Website isn't mine, but one for my mums business. (I'm only 15) It's not finished just yet

www.beechwoodcattery.com/booking.html

Edited by Connor!, 03 August 2008 - 04:14 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Connor!

Connor!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2008 - 04:19 PM

Would changing the original program that creates the form fix any problems? Is it the program that has the fault?

For some reason I couldn't edit my post
Posted Image

#5 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 PM

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:31 AM

Would changing the original program that creates the form fix any problems?

Maybe. It is hard to tell without seeing the code since the web page is not currently working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users