Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Where's My Cd Player?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 troubledone

troubledone

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 03 August 2008 - 03:44 PM

I cannot install drivers for my CD player and the computer cannot see it. It is a Pioneer DVR-K17A and I get an "error code 10"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:54 PM

CD/DVD drives are plud and play, no drivers required. You might try running this application

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cd_dvd_fix.htm
It's a XP fix, but sources say it also works for Vista. It's just deleting the upper/lower filter keys

Edited by garmanma, 04 August 2008 - 06:55 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:23 AM

Optical drives should be plug-and-play. However, there might be times in which additional drivers are necessary. After checking your drive's model number, DVR-K17A, I came across a forum in which the user is having a similar problem. Here's the link. The message states that you should go to Microsoft and try the second method on this page.

3939.png

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:15 AM

Optical drives should be plug-and-play. However, there might be times in which additional drivers are necessary. After checking your drive's model number, DVR-K17A, I came across a forum in which the user is having a similar problem. Here's the link. The message states that you should go to Microsoft and try the second method on this page.

The link I posted does that for you. It's helpful for people that are leary about editing the registry
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 desinet1

desinet1

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:14 PM

I have seen couple of peripherals not installing with Vista. Registry tweaks are sometimes required for them. Not sure exactly what is to be done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users