Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Service Pack 2 For Non Genuine Xp Pro

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 ronniemcc

ronniemcc

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 03 August 2008 - 03:29 PM

Bought a computer from my previous employer and later found out the OS wasn't a genuine copy of XP. This has never been a problem until now although i obviously haven't been able to get Microsft updates. Trouble is I have iTunes on my computer to put music onto my iPod. Recently iTunes asked me to update to a new version but then wouldn't allow me to do so because it required sp2 to be installed. Is there any way to get service pack 2 onto my computer or any way to update iTunes without it. This is my first post here and i am a bit of a novice but have already seen a lot of intresting stuff on here. Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 03 August 2008 - 04:41 PM

Sorry, but without a genuine copy of XP you won't be able to do updates (to include SP2 or SP3).
Also, it's against the forum rules for us to help "bypass" this.
As such, this topic is now closed.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users