Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do You Uninstall Activex Control

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Baptong

Baptong

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 03 August 2008 - 02:00 PM

I installed an ActiveX control for accessing a website. ActiveX control is "Web Memo Control" on Windows 2003 Server. I want to uninstall it. It is not showing up in Add/Remove Programs. Anyone know how to uninstall this from Windows 2003 Server?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mommabear

mommabear

• Members
  • 492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 PM

Posted 03 August 2008 - 04:39 PM

In IE (with XP) I can find ActiveX downloads and delete them by going to IE Properties, General Tab, "Temporary Internet files", Settings button. Then when I click the View Objects button, it takes me to this folder:

C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files.

I'm not familiar with 2000, but maybe it has something similar? I imagine that if you do find it you'll get some warning about deleting it. A word of caution. Once it's deleted, it's gone. It won't go to the recycle bin. (I'm pretty sure of that.) You also won't be able to copy or move it to another location separately. But you can go into WINDOWS and copy the entire folder, just in case deleting it messes something up.

Edited by mommabear, 03 August 2008 - 04:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users