Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected By Viruswebprotect2008, Safewebnavigate2008

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rt007

rt007

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 03 August 2008 - 11:15 AM

I have read several posts and it appears to be the same thing. "Virus alert" on the task bar where the clock should be. Three new icons on the desk top for spyware and virus protection, etc. I am not able to access c drive, start menu or task manager. "virus alert" embedded in most desk top icons.

I have installed sdfix via flash drive as I do not want to access the internet. ( I unplugged my modem as soon as I realized something was going on).

After installing sdfix, I rebooted in safe mode but was not able to access the file because I do not have a start button. I am using another computer to access the web. Also, the keyboard sometimes works and sometimes does not. I reboot and usually that will allow me to log on. :thumbsup:

I am running XP service pack 2.

Also now the computer does not pull open the flash drive when I insert it.

Update:

I was able to load malwarebytes via flash drive by dropping a short cut on to the desk top. I am now scanning with malwarebytes and will report later.

Update #3

Malwarebytes found 74 items and I deleted and rebooted.

"virus alert" is gone from the clock, the icons are gone from the desk top and the sky outside just seems a little bluer!

I am running the scan again now. Here is the log from the first scan

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.24
Database version: 1012
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

1:21:58 AM 2/23/2004
mbam-log-2-23-2004 (01-21-58).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 62596
Time elapsed: 9 minute(s), 35 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 2
Registry Keys Infected: 18
Registry Values Infected: 3
Registry Data Items Infected: 16
Folders Infected: 4
Files Infected: 28

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\eqvwamkl.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\wnslvxtf.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{57c5c4e9-530d-4573-a30f-5d6a70cdbaa3} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{5f792608-0597-44be-b622-1d575d2c58e1} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{954f7018-1006-43f1-8c60-161907d32b34} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{3f672d71-bc1d-4c9b-98d0-b06928e499a2} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{58f59a2e-e08f-41e3-ac57-d80f0c7fda10} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{fb3486ff-2a37-4536-b847-d999ba4e7776} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\webvideo (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{1486f5bc-05bf-42f2-9f91-ccf8319f6685} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{5ae30d98-c235-4030-8360-b7b652d8d64a} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{699e5d2a-0c7a-49e4-a84a-da454a48fe71} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{b763be68-b1d1-41f4-9087-8bf71bb93155} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{b763be68-b1d1-41f4-9087-8bf71bb93155} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{5d9b66ae-7fe1-4fa1-94fd-241838ba2036} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{bd70192e-e538-4c8c-8b7a-5594889169b9} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{f84efdc4-39b5-4b2d-8cf6-57010b8f0b01} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VSPlugin (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\fdkowvbp.bpeb (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\fdkowvbp.toolbar.1 (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad\eqvwamkl (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\{fb3486ff-2a37-4536-b847-d999ba4e7776} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad\wnslvxtf (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Start Page (Hijack.Homepage) -> Bad: (http://softwarereferral.com/jump.php?wmid=6010&mid=MjI6Ojg5&lid=2) Good: (http://www.google.com/) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProductId (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Bad: (VIRUS ALERT!) Good: (55274-OEM-0011903-00102) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International\sTimeFormat (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Bad: (HH:mm: VIRUS ALERT!) Good: (h:mm:ss tt) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowControlPanel (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowRun (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowSearch (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowHelp (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowMyDocs (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowMyComputer (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoStartMenuMorePrograms (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\StartMenuLogOff (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoDrives (Hijack.Drives) -> Bad: (12) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoToolbarCustomize (Hijack.Explorer) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoSetFolders (Hijack.Explorer) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\DisableTaskMgr (Hijack.TaskManager) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\NoDispCPL (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Edited by rt007, 03 August 2008 - 11:57 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:32 PM

Please reboot the pC. Run the malwarebytes again after checking for an update and post another log,thanks.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users